CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bingham Bars

(please excuse the yucky synthetic light picture of these treats. Kitchen lighting at night sucks!) My darling friend Jared's mother used to make them for him as a child. She got the recipe from his elementery school because he loved them so much. She passed away 5 years ago and he asked me to take her recipe and make these for him instead of a cake. (If any of you watch "The Office." let me just say that my boss calls me Angela.) So anyways- here is the recipe. TO DIE FOR. 5 points for one teeny square for you chubby chica's!

Bingham Bars
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
2 cups oatmeal.
Combine wet ingredients, then sift together dry and add them to wet mixture. Bake in largest pan you have at 350 for 10-15. Let bars cool then spread with peanut butter. Then spread chocolate frosting on top of peanut butter.
(I used creamy peanut butter- also.. I baked mine until they edges turned a tiny bit golden and then took them out. I liked them really gooey!)
ENJOY!


4 comments:

Lacey said...

Jessica, did you post this? Looks good?

Lacey said...

Looks good! (didn't mean to say that as a questions!)

Jessica Potter said...

Yes I did post it. Sorry forgot to put that!

JoAnna said...

I need the scoop on the chubby chicas! I want to join for sure!