CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas

4 T. honey
3 T. lime juice
1 T. oil
2 tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1 can mild green enchilada sauce (I used a large can)
1-2 lbs. cooked chicken
shredded cheese
Flour or corn tortillas (flour is better in my opinion )
Mix honey, lime juice, oil, chili powder and garlic powder in a large bowl. Then add shredded chicken, mix well. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture, add cheese and roll up. Put a layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Place enchiladas in pan and cover with remaining enchilada sauce. Bake covered about 30 minutes at 350. Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven uncovered until cheese melts. (I bet the honey lime chicken would be great on soft tacos or on a salad.)
***Note to chubby chicas... I didn't use the shredded cheese on mine and it tasted great. Also, I doubled the honey lime sauce for extra flavor..I recommend it.
From the kitchen of SARAH JANE :)

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Thanks for sharing. I was hoping you would put this one up there.

Lacey said...

Way to get the ball rolling! This sounds yummy!

Jenny Groberg said...

sounds good I love lime. Lacey, good idea with the blog

Jessica said...

We had these for dinner tonight, end everyone loved them. I'll definitely make them again. Thanks for sharing!

Lacey said...

Made these tonight for dinner tonight. Great recipe!